Zücker Strikes Again
It’s gettin’ colder, and that means parties need to turn up the heat - and for that task the Zücker club fits the bill perfectly! For us, it’s the time of the year to get back to this party-den of ours, to the club that has hosted and witnessed many fantastic Indie-Go! parties so far. Like always at this temple of Belgrade nightlife, expect a more dance-inciting edition of our clubnight. The music we select is always meant to get you to the dance floor, but never as much and as fast as here. See you!
SAT 23 Nov 13
Entry: FREE B4 24:00 / 200RSD (2EUR) After
November 28th 2007.
I! Pub "Brod"
Our big autumn surprise has finally arrived: we invite all of you who enjoyed (and still enjoy) indie-go nights over the years, and the rest of the world, to come and visit our newly open pub-club BROD. The place, as indie-go night itself, offers a great chance to have a nice time while listening to different types of assorted and quality alternative music. Regular DJ line-ups for every particular day in a week will be announced very soon. Until then, we can confirm that a relaxed version of indie-go night (that is still going on in Šipražje club every Friday!) will be taking place here every Saturday. C U
Directions: Bulevar Despota Stefana 36, city centre, 400m from Republic Square (Trga Republike), close to the corner of Bulevar Despota Stefana and Džordža Vašingtona (George Washington) street.
Hours: 10am – 02am
November 4th 2007.
Indie-Go! night is now moving to the Šipražje (Shiprazhye) club (Golsvortijeva street 13, near Vuk monument, bus lines 25, 26). So it takes place on every Friday, from 10pm to 4am. Entry is free B4 11.30pm, 150 dinars (2 euros or 1.5 GBP) afterwards. We play our usual mix of indie and alternative, from Stone Roses, Charlatans, Pixies and Sonic Youth to Arctic Monkeys, Interpol, Editors, Strokes or Klaxons and many others including Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Hives, Belle & Sebastian, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Arcade Fire, etc, etc. Come and enjoy the oldest Belgrade indie night in this new venue and have a good time with us!
January 7th 2007.
Indie-Go! Top 30 Of The Year 2006.
01. Peter Bjorn & John - Young Folks
02. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cheated Hearts
03. I'm From Barcelona - We're From Barcelona
04. Pipettes - Pull Shapes
05. Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down (Scummy)
06. Editors - All Sparks
07. Kooks - She Moves In Her Own Way
08. Killers - When You Were Young
09. Automatic - Monster
10. Metric - Monster Hospital
11. Muse - Starlight
12. Camera Obscura - Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken
13. Strokes - Heart In A Cage
14. Dirty Pretty Things - Deadwood
15. Placebo - Song To Say Goodbye
16. Belle & Sebastian - Funny Little Frog
17. Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow
18. Whitest Boy Alive - Burning
19. View - Wasted Little DJs / Somersault - Break The Wave
20. Rapture - Get Myself Into It
21. Morrissey - The Youngest Was The Most Loved
22. Raconteurs - Steady As She Goes
23. Hot Chip - Over And Over
24. Cansei De Ser Sexy - Let's Make Love And Listen Death From Above
25. Voxtrot - Mothers Sisters Daughters And Wives
26. Kasabian - Empire
27. Irene - Little Things (That Tear Us Apart)
28. Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
29. Razorlight – America
30. Franz Ferdinand - The Fallen
January 10th 2006.
Indie-Go! Top 20 Of The Year 2005.
01. Magic Numbers - Forever Lost
02. Editors - Munich
03. Bloc Party - Two More Years
04. Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
05. Mando Diao - Down In The Past
06. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc
07. New Order - Krafty
08. Nine Black Alps - Unsatisfied
09. Rilo Kiley - Portions For Foxes
10. Josh Rouse - Winter In The Hamptons
11. Interpol - C'mere
12. Bravery - Honest Mistake
13. Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch
14. Wedding Present - I'm From Further North Than You
15. Aberfeldy - Love Is An Arrow
16. Franz Ferdinand - Walk Away
17. Rakes - 22 Grand Job
18. Nada Surf - Always Love
19. Killers - Smile Like You Mean It
20. Dead 60's - Riot Radio
November 20th 2005.
Kid Congo & Pink Monkey Birds + Indie-Go! DJs
SKC and 'Bad Music For Bad People' present Kid Congo, ex member of the bands Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Gun Club and The Cramps; Sunday 27th
November 2005. SKC, Belgrade.
Hosts before and after the concert of Kid Congo Powers are 'Indie-Go!' DJs who will warm up the audience by playing selected hits of the following pop music genres: surf, 60 garage, power pop, 77 punk rock, new wave, new American rock and indie, placing the stress on New York new wave revival.
If you want to see the flyer for this event, click here
, or click the picture.
October 26th 2005.
The concert of Veliki Prezir
After a few year long waiting, we introduce the concert of Veliki Prezir, the band from Vrbas, in the club 'Plastic' (34 Takovska Street, Belgrade, the very corner of Dalmatinska and Takovska Street, opposite Botanic Gardens ); the date is 1st
November 2005. Music support before and after the concert - 'Indie-Go!' DJ team.
Biography, discography and other important information related to Veliki Prezir are available on the band's official site
'Indie-Go!' gives you for free two pairs of tickets. For further information, visit the forum
October 20th 2005.
'Akademija' - 'Indie-Go!' Nights Continue
After two week long break, just like we have already introduced, 'Indie-Go!' nights continue at Akademija, in the Minor Club, on Friday 21st
October 2005. (and on Fridays after tomorrow until further notice).
We start at 10PM, the entrance's for free.
October 13th 2005.
And Now, A Few Words About 'Radionica'
While we're waiting for the continuation of the season at 'Akademija', we invite you to visit the opening of the new season in the pub 'Radionica' (4 Rige od Fere Street, Belgrade) on Saturday 15th October 2005. Since this is a special occasion, however, we're going to remove all tables and turn the indie pub into a 'discotheque' where you will be given an opportunity to listen not only to well known indie hymns, but also to some best kept secrets of the independent music scene.
We start at 10PM and the entrance's for free.
October 5th 2005.
Winter Season 2005/2006.
Giving our warmest thanks for all visitors who made our summer season nights at Kalemegdan unforgettable events, we introduce the beginning of the winter season 2005/2006. in the Minor Club of 'Akademija' (10 Rajićeva Street, Belgrade) on Saturday 8th
October 2005. 'Indie-Go!' DJ pair will be playing a varied repertoire of tunes both from our and the world indie scene. The entrance is for free.
Also, prepare for the continuation of the season on 21st October 2005. We will additionally inform you about that in due course.